The NewSTARs program connects newcomer seniors (age 50+) to their community by encouraging cross-cultural interaction that benefits their physical, social, spiritual, emotional and mental well-being through recreational activities and workshops.
The program includes:
- Conversation circles that encourage a positive, healthy lifestyle and bring Newcomer seniors together to learn about Canadian culture and to practice English for daily conversation;
- Information and Orientation sessions on Canada’s Equality Rights and Responsibilities, Indigenous history, frauds and scams, financial literacy and how to access community services and supports;
- Specialized rotating workshops focused on basic computer skills, digital literacy, arts and crafts and cooking healthy meals;
- Recreational activities such yoga, social club, outdoor picnics and gardening club; and
- Interpretation supports for clients with limited English.
- Permanent Residents
- 50 years of age or over
- This program is available to men and women
Regina Immigrant Women Centre
1801 Toronto Street
Regina, SK S4P 1M7
Some workshops will take place at community locations.
Program and workshop timings will vary.
For more information regarding workshop timings, or to register, please contact:
Phone: (306) 359-6514