The Pre-Employment and Computer Essentials Program is a FREE program designed to help immigrant women overcome barriers to employment, build self-confidence in preparation for the Regina labour market. This program has been designed for immigrant women who are facing cultural or gender barriers. It provides clients with the skills necessary to find employment in Regina and to successfully transition from traditional to non-traditional roles.
One-on-one Counselling: Working closely with the Employment Counsellor, you will have long-term one-on-one counselling, which provides you with the individual guidance and support necessary to enter the workforce.
Pre-Employment Workshops: A series of workshops will be held throughout the duration of the program. These workshops will provide clients with the foundation necessary to succeed in the Canadian workplace. These workshop topics include:
- Canadian Workplace Culture: This workshop provides clients with insight into Canadian cultural values, employer expectations, gender issues and workplace dress and etiquette.
- Resume Writing Workshops: These workshops include different forms of resumes, soft, transferable, and hard skills, and tailoring your resume for different jobs.
- Interview Skills: This workshop assists women in all aspects of preparing for an interview, and includes a practice interview for all attendees.
Resume and Job Search Assistance: Our Employment Counsellor will work closely with you to assist you with creating a professional resume and searching for jobs.
Personal Follow-up on your Progress: The Employment Counsellor will provide personal follow-up to assist you with questions you might have, even after you have left the program.
Financial Literacy: Representatives from local financial institutions provide information on setting up a bank account and accessing your money, getting loans for major purchases, and investing your savings.
You qualify for the Pre- Employment Program if:
- You are an immigrant woman
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Residency Status: Open Work Permit, Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen
- You have a minimum English CLB Level 2
Regina Immigrant Women Centre
2248 Lorne Street
Phone: (306) 359-6514
Workshops will be offered 4 times throughout the year. Clients will be required to complete all 8 workshops to receive a certificate upon completion.
Workshops are offered Friday mornings from 9:30am- 11:30 am.
Please check the Events Page to get information on the workshop schedule.
For more information regarding the Pre-Employment Program please contact:
Phone: (306) 359-6514