NewSTARs program connects newcomer seniors (clients age 50+) to their community by encouraging cross-cultural interaction through recreational activities and workshops.
The program includes workshops covering topics such as:
- Conversation circles to bring newcomer seniors together to learn about Canadian culture and encourage a positive, healthy lifestyle
- Specialized workshops focused on community supports and how to access them
- Recreational community activities (field trips, yoga, internet and computer skills, social club, English for daily conversation, gardening club, etc.)
- Health Awareness, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Interpretation services for clients with limited English.
- Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Visitors, and Work Permit holders
- 50 years of age or over
- This program is available to men and women
Regina Immigrant Women Centre
1801 Toronto Street
Regina, SK S4P 1M7
Some workshops will take place at community locations.
Program and workshop timings will vary.
For more information regarding workshop timings, or to register, please contact:
Phone: (306) 359-6514