This program provides FREE English training to men and women clients, in accordance with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). The program provides continuous intake throughout the year in CLB levels 1-2 , 4-5 and 6-7, with portfolio assessments at the end of every semester.
In these classes, clients will
- Develop all four English language skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
- Increase ability to communicate in English
- Increase ability to successfully find employment, further their education, and integrate into our community
- 18 years of age or older
- Temporary Residents on work permits
- Have had an official English language assessment at the Newcomer Welcome Centre and been assessed at CLB level 1-7
- These classes are available to men and women
RIWC English Learning Centre
(inside) Broadway United Church
105 Broadway Avenue
CLB Level 6/7- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM- 11:00 AM
CLB Level 4/5- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 12:00 PM- 2:00 PM
CLB Level 1/2- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 2:00 PM- 3:30 PM
Childcare is available:
- On-site child minding is available for children aged 18 months to 6 years.
- You must sign your child in and out of the childcare facility with the child minder
Street parking is available, and free! Just be sure not to park in the loading zone.
For more information regarding Stage One and Stage Two English Training, or to register, please contact