This program provides FREE English training to men and women clients, in accordance with Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB). The program provides continuous intake throughout the year in CLB levels 1-6, with language assessments every three months.
In these classes, clients will
- Develop all four English language skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
- Increase ability to communicate in English
- Increase ability to successfully find employment, further their education, and integrate into our community
- 18 years of age or older
- Temporary Resident, Permanent Resident, or Canadian citizen
- Have had an official English language assessment at the Newcomer Welcome Centre and been assessed at CLB level 1-6
- These classes are available to men and women
RIWC Learning Centre
(inside) Broadway United Church
105 Broadway Avenue
Classes are part-time, and are scheduled in 2-hour blocks during the day on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
On-site child minding is available for parents attending the Stage I & 2 English Classes for children aged 12 months to 5 years.
* Please note that some classes may have wait lists.
For more information regarding Stage One and Stage Two English Training, or to register, please contact