The Drop-in English Conversation Classes is a free English language program facilitated by our volunteers for the Regina Immigrant Women Center clients.
Our Drop-in Conversation classes are moving to our English Learning Centre on 105 Broadway Avenue from Monday, November 5th, 2018. Please check the information here
Through an informal group setting, this program helps clients enhance their English communication skills for daily interactions. These classes are geared towards clients who are at a pre-benchmark level. They are available to both men and women and will help clients to not only speak and understand English, but also build Basic English reading and writing skills.
Please note that some classes may have wait lists.
In these classes, clients will:
- Learn English for day-to-day interactions
- Learn and practice all four English skills: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking, with a focus on verbal communication
- Gain the basic English communication skills necessary to find a job
- Increase their knowledge about Canadian culture
- Be assisted in transitioning into our more structured English Training Program
- Make new friends and socialize
- 18 years of age or older
- Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Visitors, and Work Permit holders
- Any Language level (Preferably CLB 1-4)
- Classes are available to men and women
Regina Immigrant Women Centre Learning Centre
105 Broadway Avenue, Regina
Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Class Timings– 2:30 pm- 4 pm
For more information regarding Conversation Classes, or to register, please contact:
Phone: (306) 359-6514