The Drop-in English Conversation Classes is a free English language program facilitated by our volunteers for the Regina Immigrant Women Center clients.
Through an informal group setting, this program helps clients enhance their English communication skills for daily interactions. These classes are geared towards clients who are at a pre-benchmark level. They are available to both men and women and will help clients to not only speak and understand English, but also build Basic English reading and writing skills.
Please note that some classes may have wait lists.
In these classes, clients will:
- Learn English for day-to-day interactions
- Learn and practice all four English skills: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking, with a focus on verbal communication
- Gain the basic English communication skills necessary to find a job
- Increase their knowledge about Canadian culture
- Be assisted in transitioning into our more structured English Training Program
- Make new friends and socialize
- 18 years of age or older
- Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Visitors, and Work Permit holders
- Any Language level (Preferably CLB 1-4)
- Classes are available to men and women
Regina Immigrant Women Centre
1801 Toronto Street
Regina, SK S4P 1M7
Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Intermediate Class – 9:30 am to 11:00 am
Beginner Class – 11:15 am to 12:30 pm
For more information regarding Conversation Classes, or to register, please contact:
Phone: (306) 359-6514