Basic and Advanced Computer Classes are offered FREE to Regina Immigrant Women Centre clients, as part of the PACE (Pre-employment and Computer Essentials) program. These classes provide clients with the theoretical and practical skills necessary to operate computers for personal and employment purposes.
In an increasingly technological world it is essential that individuals have the ability to not only understand computers but to enhance their already existing skills. The computer literacy skills are critical to integration of clients into the Regina employment market.
Basic Computer Classes will help you to:
- Learn basic typing skills
- Learn basic Internet search skills
- Introduce yourself to Microsoft Office
- Attain computer skills to help with online job search
- Become comfortable with computers and understand how they work
- Learn the basics of Resume and Cover Letter writing
Advanced Computer Classes will help you to:
- Enhance keyboarding skills
- Attain working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Learn how to format documents
- Acquire working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be able to make PowerPoint Presentations
- Resume/Cover letter writing
- Be able to search jobs online and apply
- Clients must be 18 years of age or older
- These classes are offered only to females
- Have an official English language assessment and been assessed at a CLB Level 3 or higher
- Residency Status: Open Work Permit, Permanent Residents, or Canadian Citizens
Regina Immigrant Women Centre
1801 Toronto Street
Regina, SK S4P 1M7
Class timings and sessions will vary.
Please note that some classes will have wait lists.
For more information regarding class timings, or to register, please contact
Phone: (306) 359-6514