We welcome people to join our volunteer program, gain work experience and build your resume through volunteering.
Please be aware that when you volunteer you are required to sign a contract specifying your involvement in the volunteer program for a minimum of 3 months.
Regina Immigrant Women Centre is always looking for volunteers to help in our programs. Listed below are the programs that volunteers can become involved with.
Drop-In English Conversation Classes
- Assist clients in learning basic conversation skills in an informal group setting
- Classes run Monday-Thursday 9:30am-11:00am and 11:15am-12:30pm
One-on-one English Tutoring
- Assist clients who are absolute beginners to English learn the letters and sounds of the alphabet
- Help clients develop specific English skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- Scheduling is based on volunteer/client availability
- Play games and do art activities with children while their mothers attend the workshops
- Childminders are required for workshops every Saturday morning from 10am-12pm
- Assist with leisure activities for clients age 50+
- Sessions may include health and wellness classes, yoga, field trips, etc.
- Workshops and class schedules vary
- Assist clients with learning basic sewing skills
- Classes usually run once a week and are open to women clients only
If you are interested in volunteering with Regina Immigrant Women Centre, please fill out the Volunteer Application here, or call (306)-359-6514
Please send an email to email@example.com for any other information regarding volunteering at Regina Immigrant Women Centre